Saturday, June 23, 2007

Scout parts are here!

I received the balance of the parts from Barry at SEVTEC and a clouple of weeks ago the foam arrived. I can start building the Scout soon!



The parts are not complete yet but I can start building the hull. There are other parts needed.

  1. The tower for the propeller

  2. Mounting brackets for the 2-idler pulleys

  3. Fuel tank and hose and mounting location

  4. Battery for starter and accessories and mounting location

  5. Steering wheel, steering shaft, steering cables to rudder

  6. Brake system - cable, bungie cord

  7. Engine Manual

  8. Charging System

  9. Safety Switch, Engine Kill Switch

  10. Battery Disconnect Switch

  11. Fan Guard netting or wire guard

  12. Stereo Wiring - (4) 6.5" speakers Marine

  13. Subwoofer - Baselink

  14. Horn

  15. Marine Safety Equipment

  16. Anchor and mounting points

  17. Space for:
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Floatation Device
  • Mooring Rope
  1. Instrumentation
  • MPH
  • RPM
  • FUEL
  • COMPASS
  • CLOCK
  • GPS

Build an integrated tower? Purpose?

  • Support the propeller guard
  • Mounting for headlights
  • Mounting for Marine lights
  • Mounting for flag advertising pole

Material? Foam - Aluminum - Stainless Steel


I need to schedule my time so I can work on this project. The estimated time is 200 hours.

If I spend 20 hours per week it will take 10 weeks. That's 2 and 1/2 months.
If I start this coming week - 2 hrs. per day for 5 days then 10 hrs on the weekend.

July 1, 8, 15, - 4 weeks
July 22, 29 (Out of Town)
Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 - 8 weeks
Sept. 2, 9, - 10 weeks

This is at a 10 week project and I need to remain focused.
I need to spend 20 hrs per week for the next 10 week to complete the craft and I still need to find or build a trailer to test.

I should be spending 2 hrs. per day 5 days a week and 10 hrs. on Satudays. I need to schedule the other things that I want to accomplish as I go.