Monday, July 2, 2007

Day 3 - Scout SEV Project

Day 3 - Sunday, July 1st 2007
H6 Hull Floor - glassed one side
We have more time today so we got going and cut up the big pieces. H6 and H7's and H1. We glued the pieces, cut the pieces and glassed them all in about 6 hours. I ran out of 3/4 oz. matt - I thought I had enough? I looked at the plans and only the H6, H8A have matt! Shit! Oh, well I added matt on H7, H8B, H9, H1. The hull will be heavier but stronger. That's okay, those sides will be on the outside. However, I need to pay attention to these blueprints, it's not that easy. The information, data and specs are not that clear and some dimensions are vague and I have to look at or search another diagram for the measurement. That is why it would be great to have 2 heads figuring out the freaking blueprints.
H7 and H1
That's me measuring the resin and hardener.

That's me again cleaning the measuring cup.

Well, that's it for Day 3 and we will continue on Day 4 soon. We will be cutting the hardpoints and glassing the second sides and wood pieces.